Sunday, May 13, 2007

交響: 音樂札記

Saw this new book by Lee Ou-fan at "Lok Man" bookshop the other day and bought it immediately. Prof Lee is a music lover and a Mahler fans. I love reading his articles about listening to music, because he is no professional music critics and therefore he writes from a layman's perspective. 交響: 音樂札記 included sections on Mozart, Shostakovich, Mahler and some of his experience in attending concerts and listening to different recordings.

I was introduced to him during a recent concert of London Symohony. He is very friendly and obviously is crazy about Mahler. Hope I will have the chance to know him a bit more in the future.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this book very much, it's not common in HK as the classical music market is very very small. ( BTW, thers are a lot essays/criticism collection books in Mainland China, let's share later... )

One more thing, just back from Taiwan last week and got a few copies of Muzik, ( Ed 5 ,6 ,7 ). I will send u my contact to your hotmail, let me know if u like. It's a gift to u, I learnt a lot about classical music from u ......

U have time to buy books mean u have settled your new job and as being a father. Good luck.

WK

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 12:48:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Thanks, WK. Looking forward to sharing more with you. My hotmail address is andy_ng_888@hotmail.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home