Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Farewell Note

Dear friends and colleagues,

With a feeling of considerable sadness, I have to inform you that this Wednesday is my last day with [company]. I have never dreamt of leaving - no, not even in my wildest dreams! This is my first job, and I have loved it since I joined [company] twelve and a half years ago. I still do. I have always enjoyed and been proud of being part of the [company] team. I have met a lot of brilliant leaders, inspiring mentors, caring teammates, kindhearted colleagues, leader-breeding bosses, funny characters, smart old birds, and worldly fellow RMs. I have benefited so much from my encounter with them. If you ask me what I am going to miss most after my departure, it has to be the people I met.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about [company]. If nothing happens, I would probably work for [company] until I retire. But I guess things do not always happen according to our wish. In fact, the paths I trod and the events leading to my resignation lately seemed to suggest that it is time for me to move on. I was given an opportunity to try something new - in case you ask - no, I am NOT joining a competitor. I don't know whether it will work out, but as always, I shall try my best. It is this kind of uncertainties that make life worth living.

After my resignation, many of you phoned or emailed to ask me what happened or expressed how sorry you were about my decision and wished me good luck (the lady at the reception even walked up to me and said good-bye personally). I am grateful for all your concerns and blessings, because I found something I thought was lost long ago - the milk of human kindness (人情味)! Perhaps we have all spent too much time in trying to meet our targets. We have been carried away by the worries about the business and our performance. As time goes by and as we progress in our career, other people may have become just a number for us and we might have lost that essential part of our lives, without which it is well-nigh impossible to make [company] the best place to work ......

In a world full of strangers, where it is difficult to have authentic relationships, I am glad that I have built meaningful relationships with many of you. I must thank those who helped me along the way: encouraged me when I was frustrated, enlightened me when I was confused, stood by me when I was alone, guided me when I was lost, and gave me a lecture when I needed it! I shall treasure and remember the precious moments during my tenure at [company], be it difficult times, laughter, or enlightening conversations. The friendship I have gained and the sweet memories will become my assets that nobody can take away. As the saying goes, we only part to meet again. I hope our paths will cross in the future. I may not be able to personally say good-bye to every one of you, but please take this note as a token of it.

Please keep in touch. My contact details are as follow:

Email: andy_ng_888@hotmail.com

God Bless. I shall miss you all!

Best Regards,

Andy

P.S. My new office is nearby. So for those "lunch partners", we can still meet up on a regular basis!

2 Comments:

Blogger vicky said...

你有新的開始了, good luck!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very sincere one.
Wish you all the best & enjoy the new challenges & new world ahead.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 5:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home