Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Quit

I tendered my resignation letter yestserday afternoon. No regrets. Everybody in the department was talking about it. People think my decision was in a rush and I have not thought it through. Some people couldn't believe it. Indeed, if you were to draw up a list of 30 people who would leave the bank, I will definitely be excluded. But then, who wants to leave an organisation for which they have worked over 12 years? There must be many many pull and push factors, and one large trigger point. Being a prudent banker, I must have weighed the pros and cons very carefully before I made my decision. I am not an irrational guy.

Now I must know how to respond to counter-offers, if any. On one hand, I hope they would ask me for a meeting and try to make me stay. On the other hand, I know the chance of me staying is very remote, because I am 100% sure they would not be able to give me what I want. Even if they are willing offer it to me now, I will not accept it, because my passion for this company is now lost.

I am not very happy about my leaving, but I have no regrets.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

老公,
無論如何我都支持你!!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger yuen luk luk said...

andy, a whole new world is in front of you. good luck!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:38:00 PM  
Blogger aulina said...

no regrets! yay! go for it!

andy太你好型呀!呀仔好靚仔好得意呀!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger mad dog said...

wish you all the best! God will lead you ah!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

老公,借你個留言版一用~

Aulina,
你咁讃我同bb, 開心死我la!
多謝你給我們的育嬰心得.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Dilly Dally said...

Andy, so envious that your wife is so sweet! You already have no regrets!

Andy太, nice to meet you!

Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Andy太幾時都咁可愛架啦!

Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth Tam said...

No regret - that's most important. Good luck.

Friday, April 20, 2007 9:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home