Thursday, March 08, 2007

Magnificent Mahler 7

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! This is the best HKPO concert I have ever attended. Mahler 7 has not been my favourite among Mahler's works, but it impressed me last night so much that I have to rethink my attitude towards this magnificent work. HKPO was so different - the strings, the woodwinds, the brass, all different! I have to thank de Waart for his effort in training up the orchestra. The result is terrific! I can't believe I was listening to HKPO, because the sound they produced was indeed transformed, particularly in the first movement and the last movement. I am so happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger vicky said...

Agree! Last night was good.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 3:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo to Edo de Waart and HKPO!!

Friday, March 09, 2007 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger kunolam said...

You're fortunate. I got the ticket but I can't go. (I end up that night in PWH...)

Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home