Friday, March 31, 2006

Rugby Dinner

I was invited by my big boss to a rugby dinner last night. Over 95% of the participants were Gwei Lo. Rugby is truly a Gwei Lo's game. I never liked it, even when I was in the UK. They asked me to play ('cos I am sort of big and tall), but I refused, and said I'd better play table-tennis!

My boss and I were the only Chinese for my table. The dinner was boring enough: Two ex-rugby players (I guess they were famous) went onto the stage and talked for 45 minutes each. Their speech was full of English jokes, which probably could only be appreciated by the Brits. I only got 30% of them.

As usual, the dinner started at 7:45pm with a drink and did not really start until it was 8:45pm. It finished at around midnight. Boring boring boring...

7 Comments:

Blogger mad dog said...

was it at a rugby theme restaurant? i saw a tv programme about that interesting restaurant. how's the food?

Friday, March 31, 2006 5:21:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

No, it was at the Hong Kong Football club.

Friday, March 31, 2006 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger mad dog said...

ah, i see. went there a few times too. food not bad.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 12:59:00 AM  
Blogger 梁巔巔 said...

欖球已夠悶, 仲要係 rugby dinner, 仲更要同 big boss 食..... 食龍肉都 mo 味 la!!!!!!!!!

Andy <----- 慘~

Saturday, April 01, 2006 3:07:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth Tam said...

Poor you.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger chauli said...

我昨日在灣仔見到一個鬼佬落的士時,在拭淚,後往車尾廂拿大袋野走,我估他剛輸波。

咁在咁悶的情況下,你會出聲嗎?還是成晚「啊ha、啊ha……」

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

出聲? what do you think I should say? Of course, I would do the normal social talking, but I was not paying attention to the speech given by those two ex-players.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home