Thursday, March 09, 2006

Gunter Wand Edition Part II

I got this from Shun Cheong the other day and only got a chance to see one of the discs today. It was Bruckner No.7. I didn't have time to listen to the whole symphony. I just listened to the second movement. It was magnificent. It is amazing to see Wand conducting Bruckner. He was a natural Brucknerian. The tempo he took was fast (contrary to Celibidache - both are good recordings). This set is not expensive - just under HKD600 for 4 DVDs. HK Records was selling at over HKD700. Got to find a holiday to finish Part I and II together (Part I got Bruckner No. 5, 6, 8 and 9. Part II got Bruckner No. 4 and 7 plus Schubert's symphony 5, 8 and 9 and Brahms Symphony No.1). Good bargain.

3 Comments:

Blogger 史路比 said...

let me get one later... thanks!^^

Thursday, March 09, 2006 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger kunolam said...

Oh, even I got this set I never realise SC is selling at this price. (! ~ because I bought other stuff together and never track back the receipt~!)

If you really like Bruckner I think you could still find Part I in SC, which is released just last year.

btw, temple => tempo?

Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I went with a friend who is a member, so I got some discount.

I got Part I last year already.

Yes, you're right. What a typo!

Saturday, March 11, 2006 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home