Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Ten Years

Ten years ago:

- I just got married.

- I was still a trainee

- I was living at a 639 sq ft flat in Laguna City

- I laughed more often and told a lot more jokes

- I had more time for myself

- I read a lot more

- I was wondering what I would be like in ten years

- I only had HKD2m debt

- My salary was 30% of my current one

- I only had around 200 CDs

- I only had a Denon mini hi-fi

- I only had two shelves of books

- I was using a 486 desk-top at home (286 for office)

- I had no kid, not even thinking of having one

- I 95% travelled by MTR

- I had a lot more gatherings with friends

- I was a lot more arrogant

- I had my first cell phone (CDMA of Hutchison)

- I still had a lot of passion in my job

- I was thinking where to go for my next holiday

- I weighed 230 Ibs

- I had no interest to take further studies, esp MBA

- I thought I would stay as a commercial banker forever

- I could sleep for more than 10 hours. Easily!

- Versace was my favourite for ties (!!)

- I was probably more happy...

Ten years later:

- I have a kid, five and a half months old

- I am using a HKD468 Nokia cell phone, with a blackberry provided by the company

- I am using two lap-tops

- I have over 3,000 CDs (exact number unknown)

- I have over 5 shelves of books but am reading less

- I have a decent set of Hi-Fi, but got less time to listen to music

- I just celebrated my 10-year anniversary with my wife, who is lovelier than 10 years ago

- I am thinking when I can go for a break overseas

- I weigh 250 Ibs

- I have become less cynical towards the society and people around me

- I confirm there is no need for me to take an MBA

- I changed job

- I have just bought a new flat, having sold one three years ago.

- I don't need nice ties for work now.

- I have come to know 10 times the people I knew 10 years ago, mostly customers and business partners

- It is luxurious if I could sleep for more than 7 hours now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

250??? Hmmm... I'm not even half of you then...

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 1:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 years ago, I was a simple (or stupid?) Form 1 student, wanting to be a musician.

now, I become a person who is seeking a job in banks...

what a...

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 1:47:00 PM  
Blogger vicky said...

10 years run very fast, i also think about my changes...the most important is i like now more than 10 years ago.

Friday, July 06, 2007 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger mad dog said...

ha, i don't know u are 200+! :)

古: 咪咁啦. 我十年前以為自己好巴閉, 成個世界係我既... =__=

Saturday, July 07, 2007 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's abt time to have healthier diet la, andy! for your sake of your family :)

Sunday, July 08, 2007 7:43:00 PM  
Blogger kunolam said...

10 years ago, I was just enrolled into CUHK, and started 10 years of overtly exciting life in music, work, and getting to know different facets of human mentalities, especially bad ones.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 9:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home