Sunday, June 24, 2007

Buying CDs and listening to them with a baby at home

Yuen Yuen asked me whether I have time to listen to the new CDs I bought. Indeed, with a newborn baby at home, listening to music becomes a luxury for me. I will usually squeeze some time after I buy them and listen to them one by one. It remains a constant struggle that I don't have the time to listen to all the CDs I got and I still buy them, and the reasons are:

1) you never know when a particular CD will be deleted from the catalogue.

2) sometimes you see a CD that you have been looking for in the past few years;

3) sometimes the CD is on sale

4) sometimes you need to buy CDs just because you feel like it

5) sometimes you see the CD just introduced in a magazine with a very good recommendation

6) sometimes your favourite conductor/violinist/pianist made a new recording

7) sometimes you see a CD with a composer or player you have never listened to but have heard very good comments from various books and magazines

8) sometimes you see a new version of your favourite symphony

So I guess I can never stop buying CDs!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dennis said...

With the reasons you've made, I'm glad the music industry has the buyer like you! :)

Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:08:00 PM  
Blogger Silence said...

I have the same reasons as yours. I buy CDs whenever I walk past HK Records or HMV. My parents don't understand that. Perhaps I should show them this entry.=]

Sunday, June 24, 2007 4:37:00 PM  
Blogger aulina said...

Thanks for listing the reasons. I have the same list for music discs, VCD / DVD / Game titles.

XD

Andy you got the shopaholic in you!

Sunday, June 24, 2007 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I admit that I am a little shopaholic for CDs and books...

Sunday, June 24, 2007 9:32:00 PM  
Blogger yuen luk luk said...

I am not so crazy in buying CD now!

Friday, July 06, 2007 4:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home