Monday, June 18, 2007

New CDs





Went to HK Records yesterday. Couldn't help but bought some CDs. These are the ones I bought. The Sibelius set is quite rare (I didn't see it anywhere else). And it costs only HKD538. The 2-CD of Sibelius was a set including all the slow movements and pieces Sibelius wrote. And I found it very inspiring to listen to. The Bernstein Mahler 9 with BPO was recommended by Tungpo and I think I will give it a try, despite the relatively high price. The Strass Alpine Symphony by Wit is a long overdue item - I have been looking for it since 6 months ago. So it was a very fruitful morning at HK Records at Kowloon Tong.

7 Comments:

Blogger Silence said...

Every time I go to HK Records or HMV, I just become crazy and buy lots of CDs.

I only have recordings of Mahler 4,5 and 6 but I find his music quite difficult to understand.

Monday, June 18, 2007 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Dennis said...

I've noticed the Sibelius set for some time and have wished to give it a try. The Vänskä's symphonies should be some very fine interpretation.

Review: Classic web

Do let us know how do you feel about the set!

Monday, June 18, 2007 11:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just bring the new HKPO program guide of season 07-08, there is a program with Pure Sibelius, u may like it...

And the HKPO website is rebuilt, much much better than the last one...

Monday, June 18, 2007 11:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha I went to Kowloon Tong HK Records this afternoon!!

And I bought two MTT's Mahler.

Monday, June 18, 2007 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger tungpo said...

How much for Berntein's Mahler 9?

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 4:06:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

HKD265!!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger tungpo said...

Wa!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home