Thursday, January 19, 2006

CD Player vs 宣明會

I was troubled by which CD Player to buy and were busy searching for suitable ones on the net. When I took a little break and switched on the TV, I saw 宣明會's programme, talking about how children suffered and struggled in less developed countries. They earn less than HKD10 a day. My feeling was so mixed. I am struggling to buy an absolute non-necessity, and these children are struggling to live on a daily basis. Am I trivialising my life? Are we just seeing reasons for not being happy most of the time, and have forgotten how lucky and blessed we are?

4 Comments:

Blogger yuen luk luk said...

這是常有的感覺當你看到第三世界的情況, 可以做的是定期捐?錢, 然後繼續我們的生活便是了!

Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

我會繼續做我「想做」的事,因為一人只能活一次!

價值/意義,不會因為一個CD player而改變。一時三刻的自省是經常都有,但始終不是什麼大徹大悟。

不過年紀愈大,會愈能控制自己的購買慾就真。

Friday, January 20, 2006 1:27:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

But 「想做」not necessary means 「應做」.It's true that 一人只能活一次, but because of this, we should strike to do what is right and meaningful, instead of what we want to do. I am not saying what we want is always wrong, but it seems to me something is wrong if we always think about the need of ourselves.

Friday, January 20, 2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth Tam said...

I don't want to know too much about people living without dignity anymore. Received an e mail which just make me sick today and there's nothing I can do. Why make me sick? I don't want to think too much. I am not that kind of great and tough people. I just want to live simply and happily.

Saturday, January 21, 2006 12:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home