Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Frustration

I carried my baby starting from 9:30pm last night. He wouldn't sleep and kept crying once I put him on his bed. This carried on for 4 hours until 1:30am. During these 4 hours, I changed 5 diapers for him, fed him two bottles of milk powder, burbed him for over 1 hour at least, etc. When I was just finishing the final diaper, he peed right in front of me. I lost my patience and yelled at him. My wife came out and took over from me. I went to bed straight away, but couldn't sleep for half an hour...if I could cry, I would have cried.

I thought my EQ has improved dramatically in the past 4 weeks. But I was wrong. I was still the old me. I lost my temper just as easily. I was frustrated and exhausted. I felt so bad that I treated my son that way. I felt so guilty.

Now I know why people beat up their kids, or throw them out of the window, or even kill them...

7 Comments:

Blogger mad dog said...

oh andy, i understand it must be a bit stressful. just give yourself sometime.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger yuen luk luk said...

努力啦!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger aulina said...

You've only done what you need to do.
I mean, we're human, we need to vent. Do it by all means.

I did the same when FB was a baby. (Not that it's something that I'm proud of, just that you know you're not alone)

You'll soon forget about this guilt.

Oh, do you use a sling / sleep with baby? You know my nickname is lazy mom. So, whenever I want to sleep, I just grab my baby next to me, untie my shirt so he can eat while I sleep... As for the sling, use it to wear the baby wherever you go, watch your TV series, go to the toilet... your hands don't need to carry him ah!

Just a heads up, some babies... for no apparent reason, cry non-stop for 100 days (3 months) before they become really easy to handle. That's almost the worst case scenario. Counting from that, you're only 8 more weeks away.

加油!Andy太,撐住!幾個月好快過。過來人語:沒有辛苦湊過,第日鬧仔(我現在天天都在罵喇)哪有那麼口響。:)

還有這句很老土,現在初生,能抱就多抱點吧,寶寶長得快,到你再想抱抱親親時他都不要你了。

世上只有媽媽好... Andy不要執輸呀!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 12:37:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Thanks for all your encouragement. I have a feeling that the baby was sent from God to train me up...

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Ruth Tam said...

It's a difficult job. Add oil!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, went through this before two years ago. I guess the best way is to ask for help once you start to feel tired. Don't tough it out, very difficult man! Life should improve after the 1st month and really improve after three months. Good luck.

Saturday, February 24, 2007 6:01:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Thank you, 森記!

Monday, February 26, 2007 4:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home