Monday, January 22, 2007

EQ

I have come to know myself a bit more during fathering in the past few days. My EQ is quite low. When my son refused to eat after we have changed the diapers and when he showed signs of hunger, I would be frustrated. And when this situation persists and others around (my mom, my mother-in-law, my sister et al) are trying to be smart and offer lots of solutions or reasons of his refusal to eat, I would become very emotional and retreat from them. And if my son still refused to eat, I have an intention to give up and hand him over to my wife.

I told myself I should never do that again, as giving him up is not within my choice!

5 Comments:

Blogger aulina said...

welcome to parenthood! (noticed how I hid these away when I congratulated you before baby's born?)

don't feel bad. we're only human. I have very low EQ towards my sons also. Guess what, they understand why you get frustrated, even when they're just babies.

Not offering any advice, coz every baby's different. He's only a few days old, you'll figure out the best way to take care of / communicate with him soon enough. If you feel like retreating, retreat, feeding time is a one on one experience. :)

Keep up the good work you're been doing! Say to yourself that you're going to be an awesome dad and you're going to make it!

Monday, January 22, 2007 9:13:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Aulina.

Monday, January 22, 2007 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Dilly Dally said...

產後抑鬱?

Monday, January 22, 2007 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Kind of...I can't imagine how some Moms can handle this on their own.

Monday, January 22, 2007 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger xiao zhu said...

Relax! Your EQ will soon be built up. No one says it's easy, and no one says you can never work it out. Add oil la!

Monday, January 22, 2007 5:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home