Friday, February 03, 2006

Starbucks

I went to Starbucks to have an afternoon tea today. It was in Fortress Hill. The ambiance was not too bad, but it was very crowded and noisy. I was thinking of a relaxing atmosphere with some nice music and magazines, and a nice cup of coffee. It turned out that the coffee was not so bad, but it was just too noisy for people to enjoy there. Perhaps it was still holiday for so many people. And many insurance agents were meeting their clients there as well. It was definitely not the Starbucks that I like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Tam said...

I stopped going to that Starbucks. Every time I ordered a small hot chocolate, the waiter tried to convince me to get a large one. Then, he asked if I wanted cake. When I said no, he would asked if I would like something to eat. I just want to sit down and relax. I don't want hard selling.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 12:22:00 AM  
Blogger MissLee said...

Sometimes it is luck that decides whether you can enjoy yourself at Starbucks. There was once when I thought there would be neither seat nor free newspaper there because it was Saturday afternoon, surprisingly there were only a few people there!

Still, I like going to Starbucks because I do not want waiters in a small shop staring at me all day long because I am the only customer! Funny enough, I sometimes find peace in crowd.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 1:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home