Tuesday, April 26, 2005

李傳韻 's violin recital

I went to 李傳韻's violin recital last night. This is the first time I saw him on stage. He was wearing a tux, which made him somewhat difficult to move. His appearance was admittedly not very attractive. But once he started playing, you'll be attracted to the sound he produced.

He has a good technique, but it is not always consistent. He has a straight forward character, which enabled him to build up rapport with the audience.

The choice of programme was very much to show off his virtuosity. But I think if he reshuffle it a little bit - putting Bazzini's piece at the end of the programme would have been better. But then, this is the usual arrangement. Li is no usual violinist.

3 Comments:

Blogger yuen luk luk said...

I thought of going to his recital too but I have to work in the evening. I saw his performance on TV before, yeah, he produced very beautiful sound!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the recital too, I think he has wonderful technique. He's great~!

Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Kajie said...

Li is an excellent performer, but unluckily who lacks "presentation skills" and techniques to "entertain" the publicity.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 7:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home