Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Rachel Cheung' Piano Recital

I attended the concert with an expectation to know how well she plays, given that she won so many competitions. Her technique impressed me, particularly in the pieces by Prokoviev and Lizst. The Bach she played was also inspiring. To my surprise, she is quite matured musically.

I don't like the Faure though, but that has more to do with the composer himself rather than the way she played it.

I guess the selection of programme is too diverse. I agree that she should not concentrate on a few composers at this stage, but I guess for a concert, she could try to play some sonatas. But then, she is only 13. I think there is still a lot of time for her to develop her reportoire.

The new City Hall Concert Hall maintains a good acoustics. I was sitting at the second last row and I could still hear quite clearly. Much better than the concert hall at the Cultural Centre.

1 Comments:

Blogger yuen luk luk said...

I attended her concert before when she was only 11 or 12. yeah, she has very good technique and very calm on the stage!

She works very hard in deed and has a good teacher!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home