Monday, October 22, 2007

《愛樂》 第四期

Issue 4 is about Mahler! This is such a brilliant magazine, but now you can only find it in very limited bookstores in Hong Kong (Wan Chan 298 Computer Mall and Mongkok computer stores). I asked my colleagues in Shanghai to buy it and courier to me!

The only thing about this issue is that there is at least one article about each symphony, but there is none for No.8! Why?? Having said that, all the other articles are of high quality. For RMB18 they manage to issue this magazine. In Hong Kong, Hi Fi Review costs HKD55 but it is not even half of its quality in terms of CD recommendation to help improve your standard in classical music appreciation. What's wrong with Hong Kong?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dennis said...

That's what I, and maybe some more friends of mine, feel that unsatisfactory. I don't think we don't have talents writing quality articles, and I even don't believe that there won't be readers here. But anyway, it's true that there's not a single dedicated classical music magazine in surface comparable to Gramophone or Philharmonia.

We have tried to work out a plan on one -- well, maybe it's just imagination at the moment.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Let me know if your plan is going to come true. I will be a reader at least.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 4:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home