Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Wagner


I have become interested in Wagner's music recently. It began with Tristan and Isolde. I was listening to Karl Bohm's version. I have owned this set a long time, but suddently I found the music charming. I still don't understand German, and I am too busy to look at the story line, but the music itself was attractive. And then I listened to other Operas of Wagner, like Tannh?user,Lohengrin , Die Meistersinger von N?rnberg, Parsifal, etc. I am about to start "Der Ring des Nibelungen". I have bought the Solti version for nearly 10 years, and it has been sitting in my CD shelf, waiting for me patiently. It is time to pay some attention to them now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wagner's works are too long...
I don't know when I will have time to pay attention to Wagner's music. For busy people, listening to Mahler can be a luxury... Not to mention the Ring cycle...

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:21:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

That's why I haven't started it yet after owning the set for more than 8 years!!

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home