Wednesday, October 11, 2006

More Application Letters

All the statements quoted here were written by male applicants.

"As a graduated student in XXX University in 2006, Major in Mathematic, I took course like Accounting, Calculus, ..... They gave me enough basic knowledge and analytical skill to fulfill any difficult task." (Friend's comment: Life would be easy if a few Accounting, Calculus, etc. courses can make one fulfill (handle?) "any difficult task". A "graduated student" .... [sigh]). (Andy's comment: It is pathetic that he can't even spell his major correctly.)

"Special Skills ... Fluent in oral and written Cantonese, Mandarin and English" (Friend's comment: Wow, I am impressed!) (Andy's comment: I start to think that to be fluent in oral and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin is really a special skill.)

"Other - enjoy working as a team and independent" (Friend's comment: I presume his brain and his hands can work as a team or work independently. In this case, his hands work independently - without referring the writing to the brain).

"I am looking forward to using these experience to provide perfection service for the company." (Friend's comment: I don't know what to say with this).

Friend's overall comment: "In general, I have to say, female applicants are more impressive and they know how to write a letter. I begin to worry about the future of male human beings."

Aren't you worried about the future of males?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"fluent in xxxxx", if the guys is really fluent, he'd have know the word "proficient". HA!

Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

look who's not spelling... "should have known"!

don't you know we have the sisterhood thing to circulate our application around before sending out??? I bet men seldom do that, do they? Saves us lots of typos and stuffs.

The only guy who has asked me to look at his covering letter before sending out was my college BF, and he only did so after asking his sis to glance through, thinking that I'd be impressed.... certainly wasn't!

Thursday, October 12, 2006 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Kajie said...

Quite impressed that...in fact, the interviewers really spare some time to look at the applicants' letters.

I got some pretty bad interviews, the interviwers didn't have a look at my stuff (actually my letter & cv are very detailed), but they just sat there and 吹水, I got to explain every thing again and again (actually all were written down already!)

Waste of my time!

Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home