Friday, December 30, 2005

A Reflection for 2005

As 2005 draws to a conclusion, it is time to look back. Let me share what happened to me during the year without touching on issues related to other people, including those who are close to me. This would perhaps make it more focused.

2005 is a brand new start for me in terms of career – I was transferred to another department within the organisation. Faced with new tasks, new boss and new colleagues, I handled the new role quite well. Although I don’t hate it, I would rather be back to my old department. It was only after my transfer that I realized I like to meet customers. I hope I could return to my previous role or go on to do something else in 2006 (preferably in the 1st half).

I have read less - I can no longer concentrate for more than 1 hour. And I became sleepy once I started to read. I hope this would improve in 2006. I still enjoy listening to classical music, but I enjoy “watching” more, concerts in particular. Therefore I have bought a lot more DVDs. That said, my hobby of buying books still continued.

I started to enjoy being a mentor of other people. By mentoring others, I experience growth. I have become more matured in terms of handling conflicts (although there is always room for improvement).

I have come to realize the importance of investment in accumulating wealth. At the same time, I have also come to realize wealth should not be the only thing we look for (although I always forget it, and it is so easy to forget it). You may say that realizing these simple facts at the age of 34 is a bit late. I’ll say I used to think I know them, but now I really know them. My mentor once said, “Happiness is a by-product – you’ll not get it the minute you start to look for it”.

I have been lucky that I have had different mentors in different stages of my life. They have been so unselfish and dedicated in spending time with me and giving me candid feedback. I really have to thank them for their kind hearts, which are becoming rarely seen nowadays.

I have started playing tennis. But since I hurt my knee ligament in Oct, I shall try to pick it up again in 1Q2006. I hope I could do more sports then.

I promised to do a number of things in 2005 but failed. I hope history won’t repeat itself in 2006!

Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

Blogger yuen luk luk said...

可以檢討過去, 展望將來, 好呀!

希望你可以做自己喜歡的工作, 看書不容易瞌眼?, 繼續聽多些音樂....

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:40:00 PM  
Blogger 史路比 said...

let's have a brand new start! ^_~

Monday, January 02, 2006 10:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home