Wednesday, December 28, 2005

如果.愛

I went to see this movie last night. Some of my colleagues told me that it is not good, so I bought the tickets with no expectation and just because my high school friend is one of the composers.

It turned out that the movie was so enjoyable that I couldn't stop thinking about it.

孫納 faced a decision: to go back to 林見東 or to continue her relationship with 聶文. She had such a lovely past with 林見東 (although she tried so hard to forget about the past). It is difficult to imagine how she made the decision to leave him, just to go after her dream to become an actress. What is more important in life? Love, or career? But it was not that straight forward. From her tears when 聶文 fell down from the swings, it appears that her relationship with him was not just career oriented.

The music was musical-like and, in a way, new to the HK audience. Kam and Ko did a good job in writing music that suits the story impeccably. The story was told interestingly and efficiently.

金城武 & 周迅 were excellent, esp 周迅. 張學友 was so so - too many close-ups of him, which in my opinion were not necessary.

The movie left me something to think about. It was a wonderful experience. I think it deserves praise and the efforts were adorable. Well done, 陳可辛.

P.S. The English name of the movie is much better than the Chinese one - Perhaps Love.

3 Comments:

Blogger ChecheBee said...

me super love da song "Outside" sung by zhou zhun, but find nowhere can dl da song...

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Buy the soundtrack CD.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger yuen luk luk said...

I like the movie too!

Perhaps love in chinese is "或者愛" 和"如果愛"的意思有些分別!

Friday, December 30, 2005 8:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home