Monday, January 17, 2005

Music and Rest

Didn't do much during the weekend. Listened to quite a number of CDs: Bruckner's No.8 (Celi), Beethoven's Piano Sonata (Brendel), Beethoven's Sym No.2 and No.4 (Celi), Shostakovich's Cello Concerto No.1 (Maisky and MTT). Shostakovich's Cello Concerto is one of my favourites. I have got Maisky's version for quite some time now. He played it quite fast. The logical sequence was clear. The slow movement was full of good thoughts and the fast movements were full of tensions. I like it. Surely one of the best versions I have heard. Another good version is Rostropovich (in "The Russian Years").

Slept for 5 hours yesterday afternoon. Fully charged to face the challenges this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger yuen luk luk said...

how come you could sleep for 5 hours in the afternoon?? you must be very exhausted! I could only sleep for 3-4 hours after the medicine!

Monday, January 17, 2005 8:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home