Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Solomon's Beethoven

I just bought a CD during lunch today - it was Solomon's Beethoven Sonata. I heard about his name a long time ago, but haven't owned anything played by him yet. Looking forward to listening to it.

I also ordered the Schumann quartet CD from Shun Cheong. They said I got to wait for another month to get it.

I will attend the La Traviata Opera this evening. Hope it's gonna be enjoyable. I listened to Kleiber's version (CD) and watched Solti's version (DVD) last night. Both are very good.

2 Comments:

Blogger yuen luk luk said...

I need to grab Beethoven's Sonatas soon, cos' one of his Sonatas going to be my exam piece.

haha, if I order Schumann from Shun Cheong, will the people there wonder why this one is so pop now?

You really like to attend concerts, opera things, that's good, for me, it is hard to find companion.

What are Kleiber's and Solti's about?

Tuesday, January 04, 2005 6:21:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I just want to listen/watch to the Opera before I attend the opera last night so that I could have some sort of comparison. It turned out that the soprano sang quite well, but the chorus was not very good. The make-up was awful as well. I know singing is supposed to be the most important part, but the make-up made me think that the male singers are Dracula's!

Wednesday, January 05, 2005 8:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home