Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Carols


Christmas time reminds me of the time I spent in the UK, where I sang carols with other schoolmates and in the choir. I love singing carols, in four parts, eight parts, solo, and with descant. In university, we sang in an open space and people would gather to sing together, and have some mince pies and mulled wines afterwards. Those were the days!

Chinese in Hong Kong always sing the same few carols, "Hark, the Herald Angel Sing!", "O Come, All Ye Faithful", "Silent Night". In fact, there are a lot more good carols. My favourite ones are "In the Bleak Mid-Winter", "In dulci Jubilo", "Ding Dong Merrily on High", "We wish you a merry Christmas (the full version with much longer lyrics and in four parts)", "The Twelve Days of Christmas", etc.

I remember two years ago, when I was doing some shopping in Prince's Building, there was a small group singing carols, and I joined them to sing for a while. I guess I really love singing!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, so you spent college years in UK too. I was there in 94 - 95 too!! (not mentioning the place name here ha... ;P)

As I skipped quite a number of years, I guess that period of stay also conincides with some of yours too? ;P

Friday, December 22, 2006 9:59:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I came back to HK in 1994. A bit of an age gap there, I am afraid!

Friday, December 22, 2006 11:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like "the little drummer boy" and "winter wonderland" too! merry christmas andy!

Friday, December 22, 2006 3:46:00 PM  
Blogger yuen luk luk said...

I like Enya's christmas songs...

Merry Christmas!

Saturday, December 23, 2006 10:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

聖誕快樂!

Saturday, December 23, 2006 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger Kajie said...

yep, i sing parts as well...

MERRY XMAS! Andy!

Sunday, December 24, 2006 1:25:00 AM  
Blogger aulina said...

hmm.. didn't even know I became anonymous. (I was the first anonymous.)

Happy new year Andy!

Saturday, January 06, 2007 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I switched the version and I guess the your name was somehow lost.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home