Wednesday, August 02, 2006

English

I feel that my writing skill needs improvement. It is mainly to do with my writing style - it is so boring. Perhaps the reason is that I rarely read novels. Most of the time I can express my ideas and thoughts in a straight forward manner, but without any style. My sentence structure is so predictable. I admire people who can write with various styles.

Grammatically I am just OK, but sometimes I am not sure about certain usage and have to change my expression to accommodate the limited vocabulary. I tried to read books about style but I think the most effective way to improve my English would be to write and read more. There is no short-cut.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kajie said...

It's true. Actually some people may have much sensitivity or creativity, but how to put thoughts into lines; and turn the lines to comprehensive and interesting messages, that's another aspect of learning. But most of all, "interest" is key for success!

Keep on, actually you are doing great job :)

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:32:00 PM  
Blogger aulina said...

While I don't write too well myself, I did teach adults on reading and writing skills for quite a long time, so here's my 50 cents.

You may want to try copying the structures of the sentences you like, and then change the nouns / verbs and adjectives as a practice. It worked when we were kids doing composition, remember?

Thursday, August 03, 2006 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home