Monday, August 29, 2005

The Unbearable Lightness of Being



I watched this film again yesterday and still found it extremely refreshing. It is interesting that the film actually cut out a lot of the details from the novel, to an extent that it could be viewed as a separate story, with a different focus. The book put a lot more focus on politics, while the film focused a lot on love and the private life of Tomas and Tereza's feeling towards her husband's attitude of casual sex.

While there were nude scenes, they were treated non- erotically. I thoroughly enjoyed the music and the acting by Julie Binoche. It somehow made me think again the meaning of true love and sex.

2 Comments:

Blogger Krispy said...

"While there were nude scenes, they were treated non- erotically."


I guess erotic is not a negative word...
you might want to change it to "obscene".

Friday, October 28, 2005 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

What I meant was that the nude scenes were not even erotic - it didn't arouse any sexual response from me. And I think this was good in that it did not divert my attention away from the story to the body of the actress.

Monday, October 31, 2005 8:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home